Disclaimer

Stalk me to find new posts.

The Spy in the Fortune Cookie says:

There is no original, only obscure. We cannot manifest that which we cannot perceive. We cannot perceive that which does not exist outside our reality.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Internet Part I: The Metaphysical Architecture

According to one of my friends, there have been 3 attempts to create a hive mind of humankind.  And believe it or not, one of them is succeeding.  It's the Internet.

What is the Internet?
Right now, it's basically a massive blob of information available to anyone with a connected computer.

If I wanted to access the internet today, I'd follow a 2 steps:
1.  Turn on my computer-this opens a door to a small room.
2.5. Connect the internet if not already-this opens a room in the last small room to a larger room.
2. Open [Internet browser]-this opens a door within the last room to the internet.

By this structure, I'd have to go through a number of rooms before going to the internet.  However, because things like the government have the capability of going into any room they choose that's connected, the walls are going to be broken down.  We will inevitably have only one room, the Internet, and billions of doors that enter this room.  There will be no privacy, no security, no escape, no freedom.

No comments: