Disclaimer

Stalk me to find new posts.

The Spy in the Fortune Cookie says:

There is no original, only obscure. We cannot manifest that which we cannot perceive. We cannot perceive that which does not exist outside our reality.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Choose a flavor

Here's a random question that I hope isn't clichéd... everything I think of tends to be owned:
If given the choice, would you prefer to have a ring that renders you invisible or a ring that lets you see the intentions of others?
Think of the advantages of each and do something with the poll if you want...

It is needless to say that I would be happy to have found either one. Yet given a choice between the two, the first thing I would do would be analyze the heck out of both options. In the end, I see it as a choice between augmenting my social defense or offense, much like raising stats in an RPG or trading players on a sports team. On one end, invisibility is escape. On the other, seeing into people's intentions would let me, with greater efficiency, pinpoint desires and fears. Then I would think, what would I want?
When I ignore social impacts, invisibility would basically mean thievery. But perception, outside of a social context, provides what I try so hard to achieve: a perfect connection. It would mean the ability to control other human beings around me. It would also mean finally being able to organize the female mind, something I've failed so many times at doing. So I guess, the ultimate criterion for this decision must be power: the power to love and destroy.

To finally infiltrate the Schutzstaffel. That's what I wanted. To know why they wanted to do what they did so badly.

No comments: