Disclaimer

Stalk me to find new posts.

The Spy in the Fortune Cookie says:

There is no original, only obscure. We cannot manifest that which we cannot perceive. We cannot perceive that which does not exist outside our reality.

Monday, January 5, 2009

Pandora's Box 3

Yes I'm late.  I told you.  It doesn't matter because about 3 people per week will read this blog.  This week, I will discuss enjoyment.

Vacation was almost over.  I ended up at my friend's house at 7 in the morning and we were waiting to go to Disneyland (which is far too expensive by the way).  With about 15 hours left of actual freedom, I began to worry.  It was sad, especially because I was supposed to enjoy myself.  But a minute later, I was fine.

I started by finding out what I was afraid of.
-I was afraid that I wouldn't enjoy myself enough on the last day.
-I know I probably failed something and school would remind me of that.
Then I found what I wanted to feel.
-Neither of those.
Then I found what caused those.
-Worrying
-A fear of failure/school

So I did this: I could solve both by solving the second, and since school was inevitable I simply ignored it.  I didn't let go of it, but I just decided to live the moment.

Procrastination is healthy sometimes.

And it's simple.  It's not living for the moment.  It's living the moment.

No comments: