Disclaimer

Stalk me to find new posts.

The Spy in the Fortune Cookie says:

There is no original, only obscure. We cannot manifest that which we cannot perceive. We cannot perceive that which does not exist outside our reality.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Selling Out and Sold Out

As usual, I receive my 20ish ("ish" was defined as give or take 3 today) emails per day.  Most of them are notifications that my mailbox has been trained to deem "junk".  Every so often, I encounter this:

Jane Doe invited you to join the Facebook group "Petition for Some Band/Company to bring back their old songs/products".

The members of the group accuse some party of "selling out" and losing their original customers in favor of money.  So these people will ask some other group to cater to them rather than get rich.  I understand their point.  Unfortunately, with these tough times, I think we should be a little more utilitarian.  We can't expect these people to change their ways at their expense.  Especially not now.

And if you imagine these were not tough times, then it wouldn't really matter because this is the Will to Power, the right, desire, and means of every individual to drive to success.  In that case, people can stop complaining on Facebook and form together some sort of mob to sign a real petition/boycott/burn down the studio/factory.  But I won't lie.  I've joined those groups before  to "Save Polaroids".

No comments: